Power Media Release

Power fought back to snatch 2-2 draw in local derby with Pine Rivers

Peninsula Power went behind twice in the match, but fought back to share the points at A.J. Kelly Park in Round 22 of the Brisbane Veto Premier League.

Last placed Pine Rivers are fighting for survival in the Premier League and took the lead in the 25th minute when a Dom Hudak and Daniel Dacey combination opened up Power’s defence and Ross Cunnen provided the clinical finish in front of goal.

Steven Cleary levelled the score for Power when a cross on the right by Shaun Feuerriegel was volleyed into the net by Cleary at the far post.

However Rivers striker Dom Hudak restored their lead when he tapped in after Liam Previtear strike was only parried by Power goalkeeper Jordan Buchanan.

After the break the visitors could have extended their lead early but a fine save by Buchanan denied Nick Waddell.

Power then pressed forward and dominated possession and in the 68th minute Shaun Feuerriegel scored the equaliser from a corner.

Power Coach Terry Kirkham then made a change bringing on experienced Premier League campaigner Steven Forshaw into the attack.

The move nearly paid off when a Forshaw strike was cleared off the line by Pine Rivers defence late in the match.

Power dominated the latter stages of the match but lacked the killer blow and had to settle for a point.

 Power Reserves defeated Pine Rivers 7-1 in Reserve grade.

 Power Youth Division 1were defeated 6-0 by Rochedale Rovers Premier Youth side in the Brisbane Youth Cup Final at Spencer Park.

This weeks games

Saturday 7th August at Cleveland Showgrounds Redlands

Brisbane Premier League – Redlands v Peninsula Power

Reserves 3.45pm – Main Game 6pm


Sunday 15th August at Walton Bridge Reserve The Gap

Brisbane Women’s Premier League – The Gap v Peninsula Power

2pm Reserves – 4pm Main Game


Peninsula Power Women crash out of the Premier Cup on Penalties

Peninsula Power Premier Women crashed out of the Brisbane Women’s Premier Cup after a penalty shootout against Mt Gravatt Hawks at A.J. Kelly Park. Brittany Whitfield gave Power a 1-0 lead with a delightful chip over the Mt Gravatt goalkeeper before the Hawks equalised just before halftime. The visitors took the lead early in the second half through Sarah Ryan before Whitfield again levelled the score from the penalty spot. Both sides couldn’t be separated after extra time and the match was decided by penalty shootout which Mt Gravatt won 4-1.

This entry was posted in Club News. Bookmark the permalink.